Thursday, January 3, 2013

Happy new year


HAPPY NEW YEAR!

May the year of 2013 bring you a lot of happiness and smiles.



I will show some pictures associated with year-end and New Year holidays.
I will explain about it.


THE YEAR-END NIGHT

While I was drinking Japanese Sake, I watched very popular Japanese TV program 'Kohaku Uta Gassen' that is the annual Year-end Grand Song Festival.

NEW YEARTHE YEAR OF THE SNAKE


This is the year of the snake in Chinese astrology. 
This is the white snake in Iwakuni where I lived once. 
They are designated as a national natural treasure.
We believe that the snake brings us economic fortune and prosperous business.
Some believe that empty shell of snake in wallet makes them rich.


OZOUNI


This is Ozouni , Japanese new year's soup.
Ozouni have rice cake and a variety of ingredients.
Each area have different style in preparation of Ozouni.
This Ozouni is the style of my wife's hometown.
This have white miso soup, rice cake with bean paste inside and ingredients such as chicken, carrots, and white radish.


HATSUMOUDE
My wife and I went to the shrine for the first visit this year.
This called hatsumoude, one of the Japanese new year's events.
I prayed for health for my family and prosperity in business.




I wish all the people around the world happiness.


No comments:

Post a Comment